Wednesday 27 August 2008

Hay Harvest News from Skoog Farm (NY, U.S.A)



"At long last, the rain let up for a stretch of 5 days," writes The Skoog Farm Journal in an email, "and the farmers managed to get in some hay. Some of them have lost nearly 70% of their crop. We had 300 bales delivered last week...combined with what we got in July, we are hoping we are set for the winter."



Thanks Lori for the news.
Here in the Auvernge, I have to report we have had a great summer and a wonderful hay harvest. At A Place in the Auvernge we barter hay for potatoes, until we get some livestock, which we are hoping to do, perhaps next year - small kids, house renovation, one thing at a time!
It's nice to see small bales. Even here in the mountains it's a rare sight, large round Heston bales being the order of the day for nearly every farmer here.
Sad, because bale bumping on a hot day has to be one of my favourite work-outs.
JUST A WORD ON PHOTOS AND NEWS
  • At Farm Blogs I love to receive montly news and photos (max 5) from any of the bloggers listed here. It gives a great sense of what is happening in different parts of the world.
  • Please provide photos with captions in their file description. Thanks.

P.S!

  • I am afraid that I have lost many of your recent emails, specifically any sent to me between 15th August 2008 and 26th August 2008. Obviously I am annoyed at my stupidity, but also offer my apologies for all those people who took the time to write to me at what is, for most people, a busy time of year.
  • If you did write to me between the above dates, I can only apologise, and ask you to re-send your email to me.





http://www.aplaceintheauvergne.blogspot.com/
http://www.ianwalthew.com/


Farm Blogs
Ranch Blogs
Rural Blogs
Countryside Blogs
Smallholding Blogs
Urban Homesteading Blogs
Homesteading Blogs
Homestead Blogs
Allotment Blogs
Apiculture Blogs
Bee-keeping Blogs

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS BY KIND PERMISSION OF THE SKOOG FARM JOURNAL 2008

Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Blogs about France


A Place in My Country
Ian Walthew


Paris / Montmartre/ Abbesses holiday / vacation furnished apartment rental

No comments: