Tuesday 5 August 2008

Life on a Southern Farm



Life on a Southern Farm (linked in the blog roll as Georgia Farm Woman - perhaps I need to change that - http://www.georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com/ ) was recommended to me by a farm blogger in Africa.


I've just had an email from them with a few words describing their set up.


My husband and I live on a 100 acre farm.

When we bought it 14 years ago, it was just a piece of land with brush and trees growing on it. We built our own house, barn, and shop. We fenced, cleared it, put the old pond back, built a water wheel (where one once stood over 100 years ago), planted pastures, gardens, bought a few cows, goats and chickens. I can't leave out Jack the donkey.
We have a working saw mill also.

We live debt free and enjoy living in rural Georgia, USA.
Here's a snap of the saw mill before it was restored; indeed the restoration work done on this farm from farm house to saw mill is worth a visit alone. Inspirational.



www.aplaceintheauvergne.blogspot.com

www.ianwalthew.com

Farm Blogs

No comments: