Thursday 16 October 2008

Goodness Gracious Acres Recommends


Here at Farm Blogs From Around the World, we grow organically, recommended bloggers recommending (up to) 5 of their favourite farm blogs, a farm blog being defined as anyone blogging about the production of food or natural fibres on any scale.

What I really like is when bloggers put some real thought and effort into giving me their recommendations, and then post about Farm Blogs on their own blog.

One of the best recent examples is today's recommendations from Mojo at Goodness Gracious Acres - great recommendations and a lovely post about Farm Blogs from Around the World and link on her own blog.

Thanks Mojo.

P.S If you just want to see the recommendations made on this blog, use the label 'Recommendations'.












Sugar Mtn Farm (U.S.A, Vermont) (NB I encountered a temporary error with this link today, but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon)


Sugarmountain farm. Vermont.awesome blog. Walter is so well read and i like going there for tips and what his family is up to. Plus, a huge fighter of our NAIS program that the USDA are trying to pass. His other site is Nonais.org. He is a hog farmer and always questions the status quo I really like that. Always thinking how to do it better. Extremely knowledgeable hog farmer.






The Adventures of the Farmers Wife and Rural American Woman Magazine (U.S.A; Wisconsin)

(Not sure location) This is a new blog I’m following. I think she is onto something and I really enjoy following both my passions at once. She is starting up a magazine for “rural women” and also is a farmer/farmer’s wife. I think she mentions 5th generation on the same land. Unheard of nowadays. So, I’m looking forward to her blogs in the future.





Alpaca Farm Girl
First blog I’ve found that raise alpacas. And I just started to watch her blog. Like it a lot. Goats and Alpacas are a lot alike so I plan to learn a lot from her.




Pile of O'Melay's - Herein we document our quiet life (U.S.A; Missouri)
Just plain ole down home country fun. And their antics with children and raising them around farm animals.You can tell by his writings he’s just a really smart guy. And his posts are interesting.



Apifera Farm - where art, animals and lavender collide. (U.S.A; Oregon)
Her moniker is “where animals, art and lavender collide”. How could I not follow this blog. ;) art and animals. My two favorite things. She is a wonderful artist. And she writes books and stories about her donkeys. And they are precious. If I could afford her paintings I would decorate the whole house in them. It’s her fault I have a miniature horse. And thinking of getting a miniature donkey.

NB. I'm not sure yet if I am going to add this blog yet until I have studied it further - if there is no food production and no natural fibre, however good it is, it won't make the cut for Farm Blogs from Around the World.




Prairieland Herbs Blog - Adventures from the Farm (U.S.A; Iowa)
Randomness about our life, work, and stuff that happens on our herb farm. Our business is prairielandherbs.com, a mother-daughter team with a 2 acre farm and shop in Central Iowa.
Prairieland Herbs. Iowa. I first found them looking for all organic soaps and oils and lotions. Became a customer. Then realized they had a blog too> :) And became a fan and follow regularly. I now make my own soaps and I like to visit for inspiration and to see what they are doing on their farm and store.











A Place in the Auvergne
A Place in My Country
Ian Walthew


Farm Blogs
Ranch Blogs
Rural Blogs
Countryside Blogs
Smallholding Blogs
Urban Homesteading Blogs
Homesteading Blogs
Homestead Blogs
Allotment Blogs
Apiculture Blogs
Bee-keeping Blogs

Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Blogs about France


Paris / Montmartre/ Abbesses holiday / vacation furnished apartment rental

1 comment:

jojo said...

Hi ian, She doesn't blog much on the farm part. but she has a few acres of herbs. i believe she is big seller of lavendar fresh, dried, etc.