Friday 10 October 2008

Rural Gentrification in the Lake District and the Cotswolds






I recently posted on the subject of rural gentrification, and how my book A Place in My Country , talks about this subject and its impact on a small community in Britain's most beautiful part of the world - the Cotswolds.
I made the point in my posting that this was an issue which affects rural communities all over the world, not just in the Cotswolds and certainly not just in England.


This recent review of A Place in My Country from Lancashire Life (1st October, 2008 - 'Britain's Biggest Selling Country Magazine') in another (the second most) beautiful corner of England, the Lake District , makes the same point about what a universal issue this is for rural communities (even if in the Lake District they don't know how to spell 'Cotswolds'!)





I am very interested in hearing of your personal stories about the impact of modern industrial farming and city incomers on your rural community.

Please do send me your comments and stories to info AT ianwalthew.com





A Place in the Auvergne
A Place in My Country
Ian Walthew


Farm Blogs
Ranch Blogs
Rural Blogs
Countryside Blogs
Smallholding Blogs
Urban Homesteading Blogs
Homesteading Blogs
Homestead Blogs
Allotment Blogs
Apiculture Blogs
Bee-keeping Blogs

Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Blogs about France


Paris / Montmartre/ Abbesses holiday / vacation furnished apartment rental

No comments: