Saturday 28 February 2009

Sparrow Haven (Ontario, Canada; Urban homesteading)

Sparrow Haven was recommended to me by Back to Basic Living.

Dee was kind enough to drop me a line about her blog:

Sparrow Haven is a small suburban lot of approximately 70 x 100'. In that space we try to provide food for ourselves as well as natural habitat for any wild creature who chooses to take up residence, contrary to our neighbours' wishes.

We have three raised beds, hopefully to be four this year, for growing vegetables and herbs, as well as one old apple tree, two old crab apple trees, and three newly planted babyapple trees in addition to the garden.

To expand our growing space we also use various pots and baskets to grow various produce.

Sparrow Haven is a learning/ practice ground for a larger homestead we hope to acquire before we are retired.






PLEASE HELP SUPPORT FARM BLOGS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.
A big ask I know, but if you can, please help me support my time on 'Farm Blogs from Around the World' by buying, reading and blogging/reviewing my book:

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream

It's about urban downshifting to rural England (and a bit more).

I don't take any advertising on this site but your support would help me show my wife that this blog project is more than me just pursuing my obsessive interest in all things farming/gardening/smallholding!

Please support your local independent bookshop, but (yikes!) dare I say it...

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.com)
A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.co.uk)

A Place in the Auvergne
Ian Walthew


Farm Blogs
Ranch Blogs
Rural Blogs
Countryside Blogs
Smallholding Blogs
Urban Homesteading Blogs
Homesteading Blogs
Homestead Blogs
Allotment Blogs
Apiculture Blogs
Bee-keeping Blogs

Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Blogs about France



Paris / Montmartre/ Abbesses holiday / vacation furnished apartment rental

No comments: