Saturday 28 February 2009

A Word from The Weaver of Grass.



The Weaver of Grass (UK: "Pat is a farmer's wife writing about day to day life on their farm andthe wonderful places she visits. Pat is also a talented writer and poet. Another fantastic read") was recently recommended to me and here is a word from her:


I am not sure about joining in world farm blogs - we are retired and although we live on a farm we let our land and/or take in other farmers sheep and cattle.

There is enough activity to keep my countryside blog going but very little farm news that would be interesting to other farmers.

We are only marginally interested infarming policies as it no longer really affects us.

I personally came into farming late in a second marriage and am a retired school head of department in English, so my blog is more of a countryside blog /poetry/literature etc.

Can I just add that although last year I did post more general agricultural news and farming policy, this is going to pretty occassional from here on in, simply due to lack of time.

But thanks to the Weaver for writing back.




A big ask I know, but if you can, please help me support my time on 'Farm Blogs from Around the World' by buying, reading and blogging/reviewing my book:

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream

It's about urban downshifting to rural England (and a bit more).

I don't take any advertising on this site but your support would help me show my wife that this blog project is more than me just pursuing my obsessive interest in all things farming/gardening/smallholding!

Please support your local independent bookshop, but (yikes!) dare I say it...

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.com)
A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.co.uk)

A Place in the Auvergne
Ian Walthew


Farm Blogs
Ranch Blogs
Rural Blogs
Countryside Blogs
Smallholding Blogs
Urban Homesteading Blogs
Homesteading Blogs
Homestead Blogs
Allotment Blogs
Apiculture Blogs
Bee-keeping Blogs

Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Blogs about France



Paris / Montmartre/ Abbesses holiday / vacation furnished apartment rental

No comments: