Monday 1 June 2009

Traditional Agriculture from Portugal: Recommended

I'm very pleased to recommend our first blog from Portugal.  Carlos' blog Agricultura Tradicional is in Portuguese, but the pictures give a very good impression of his farm, as does his email below to me here at Farm Blogs.

I am particularly pleased that it helps him not to feel so isolated (one of the purposes behind Farm Blogs and I think farm blogging in general) and I encourage you to visit his blog and drop him a line of support.

Hi,

I'm a Portuguese farmer, and I've been looking for other blogs about Portuguese farmers but without success. 

Being a farmer in Portugal is very, very difficult, because we have nothing: no information, no associations, NOTHING.

We must have a lot of courage, power and love to do what we do.

I want to say THANK YOU about the your work at Farm Blogs from Around the World.  It's great work!

I can see what's going on with other farmers around the world, and this is very important to me. It's like I am not on my own.  

I live in the middle of mountain of Monchique, and my farm is about recouperating the abandoned, old land from the past, now fill of bad grass and weeds.
You can visite my blog in:


I hope you can undertand my english.

A VERY GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Carlos




HELP SUPPORT FARM BLOGS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.
A big ask I know, but if you can, please help me support my time on 'Farm Blogs from Around the World' by buying, reading and blogging/reviewing my book:

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream

It's about urban downshifting to rural England (and a bit more).

I don't take any advertising on this site but your support would help me show my wife that this blog project is more than me just pursuing my obsessive interest in all things farming/gardening/smallholding!

Please support your local independent bookshop, but (yikes!) dare I say it...

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.com)
A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.co.uk)


A Place in the Auvergne
Ian Walthew




Farm Blogs
Ranch Blogs
Rural Blogs
Countryside Blogs
Smallholding Blogs
Urban Homesteading Blogs
Homesteading Blogs
Homestead Blogs
Allotment Blogs
Apiculture Blogs
Bee-keeping Blogs
Voluntary Simplicity Blogs
Eco Farm Blogs
Modern Homesteading Blogs


Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Blogs about France

No comments: